viernes, 17 de enero de 2014

Effeminate-Spanish-Greek-WORDS, :S AHHHH!!!!

¡Hola, pequeñajos!
I've seen you commiting this mistake that is sooo normal and so cute ;) And it happens that English speaking people have already a real problem with the gendre of words! ...

...So I am sure you'll love this LITTLE SURPRISE: Some words in Spanish, although finishing with -MA, are masculine!!! ¡¡¡FIESTAAA!!!



LET'S SEE HOW I SAY THIS WITHOUT SOUNDING AWFULLY BORING AND ARROGANT, hahaha! (although it is obvious I have googled it ;) :P 

... To simplify, this happens because these words originally come from a neuter word from ancient Greek, but during the asimilation of the words into Spanish, through Latin of course, they became masculine, as we don't have the neuter gendre. I don't know-don't ask why masculine and not femenine :P!!! We could do a research, it seems very interesting ;)

Don't worry, I won't give you a long list, so don't be scared ;). Also you have these same words in many occidental languages, even in English, so you won't find them odd at all:

EL PROBLEMA
EL TEMA
EL POEMA / EL POETA
EL ESQUEMA
EL PANORAMA
EL DRAMA
EL ENIGMA
EL DILEMA
...

I really hope you have the opportunity to use them! 
Hoping you find this interesting enough to read... I must say goodbye and until the next post!

¡Un besote!

Inma.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario